It isn’t much of a secret that I’m not a morning person. The promise of coffee is just about the only thing that gets me out from under the covers (OK, the promise of coffee and the fact that I need to get my butt into the office. But mostly coffee.)
If I don’t prepare my breakfast the night before, chances are I’ll leave the house without one. Luckily there are tons of make-ahead breakfast recipes out there.
I love taking a few extra minutes on Sunday night to make something that can last the whole week. That way, I can grab it and go without worrying about anything more time-consuming than a quick trip to the microwave.
Below, you’ll find 20 delicious make-ahead breakfast recipes – healthy options packed with whole grains, savory bites, and sweet pastries. No matter what your breakfast preference is, you’ll be sure to find a new favorite!
Breakfast with Whole Grains and Seeds
- Healthy and Delicious Overnight Oats Overnight oats are so easy to make for the week. You can reheat them in the morning or eat them cold like a pudding straight from the fridge. This post walks you through the basics of how to make overnight oats and has some of my favorite topping ideas to keep things interesting.
- Blueberry Almond Millet Porridge If oatmeal isn’t your jam, give another whole grain a try! Millet is one of my favorites, and it makes such a tasty porridge, especially when paired with fresh berries and nuts.
- Chia Seed Pudding with Maple Strawberries Chia seeds have a thick coating on them that gets thick and pudding-like when liquid is added.
- Chewy Earl Grey Granola Bars Granola bars are such a classic grab and go breakfast or snack. These homemade bars are flavored with earl grey tea, lemon, and white chocolate chips for an elegant flavor profile.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats Another take on the overnight oats I mentioned above, this recipe is inspired by pumpkin spice lattes.
- Mango Sticky Farro Farro is another great grain option if you’re looking for something off the beaten track. It has a nutty, chewy texture that you’ll love!
- Autumn Harvest Breakfast Cookies Breakfast cookies are similar to granola bars and are so convenient for grab and go – and kids (and adults!) love them since they’re so fun! This recipe is full of texture and flavor from grated carrot, raisins, pumpkin seeds, and coconut.
- Baked Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cups Baking oatmeal in muffin tins completely changes its texture, making is more like cake.
- Carrot Cake Granola Granola is great eaten straight from the bag, or sprinkle it over a container of yogurt. This recipe is inspired by the flavors of classic carrot cake – yum!
Savory Breakfast Ideas
- Zucchini, Red Pepper, and Feta Sous Vide Egg Bites Sous vide egg bites are all the rage lately. They’re soft, fluffy, and so adaptable! Don’t let the fancy name scare you away. These egg bites are baked in a water bath for the perfect sous vide texture without any fancy equipment required.
- Baked Breakfast Taquitos The crispy breakfast taquitos are filled with scrambled eggs, sausage, and fresh vegetables.
- Individual Veggie Quiche Cups Miniature quiche cups are so cute and much easier to deal with in the morning that cutting a slice from a whole pie. Pop one into a tupperware and stick it in the microwave when you get to the office.
- Mexican Egg Bake with Spinach, Beans, and Cheese This low carb breakfast if packed with protein – and flavor!
Sweet Breakfast Ideas
- Strawberry Peach Smoothie Freezer Packs Freezer packs are a game changer for busy mornings. Simply dump a pack into the blender, blend with your favorite liquid, and go! Don’t forget your reusable straw!
- Cashew-Chai French Toast Casserole It’s so easy to make multiple servings of french toast casserole at once, then portion out and reheat in the mornings. This is also a great recipe for entertaining or serving for breakfast on Christmas morning.
- Honey-Vanilla Parfaits Make your yogurt more exciting by turning it into a fun parfait with fruit and granola.
- Mini Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casseroles Baking French toast casserole in muffin tins makes the cutest little individual portions! You’ll love the apple, cinnamon, and cream cheese flavor in this recipe.
Bread and Pastry Recipes
- Maple Oat Pecan Scones Scones are seriously underrated, if you ask me. I love their subtle sweetness and tender-crisp texture. They go so well with my morning coffee!
- Strawberry Amaretto Coffee Cake Coffee cake is always a crowd favorite, especially when it has delicious flavors like strawberry and amaretto baked into it. You’ll LOVE the sweet crumble topping.
- Whole Wheat Crumpets with Strawberry-Balsamic Jam Dress up some homemade crumpets (or store-bought English muffins, if you prefer) with a delightfully complex homemade jam.
- Earl Grey Banana Bread Quick breads, like banana bread are always easy to grab on the go. This version gets extra flavor from earl grey tea – one of my favorites!