It isn’t much of a secret that I’m not a morning person. The promise of coffee is just about the only thing that gets me out from under the covers (OK, the promise of coffee and the fact that I need to get my butt into the office. But mostly coffee.)
If I don’t prepare my breakfast the night before, chances are I’ll leave the house without what so many people consider the most important meal of the day. Luckily there are tons of make-ahead breakfast recipes out there.
For me, the key is to take few extra minutes on Sunday night to make a big batch of something that can last the whole week. That way, I can grab it and go without worrying about anything more time-consuming than a quick trip to the microwave or toaster oven.
Below, you’ll find over 40 delicious make-ahead breakfast ideas – from healthy options packed with whole grains to savory bites to pastries and sweet treats. No matter what your breakfast preference is, you’ll be sure to find a new favorite!
If this list still has you hungry for more, be sure to check out my archives for 100+ healthy breakfast recipes.
Overnight Oats, Steel Cut Oatmeal, and Other Whole Grains
- Healthy and Delicious Overnight Oats Overnight oats are so easy to make for the week. You can reheat them in the morning or eat them cold like a pudding straight from the fridge. This post walks you through the basics of how to make overnight oats and has some of my favorite topping ideas to keep things interesting.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats Another take on the overnight oats I mentioned above, this recipe is inspired by pumpkin spice lattes.
- Blueberry Almond Millet Porridge If oatmeal isn’t your jam, give another whole grain a try! Millet is one of my favorites, and it makes such a tasty porridge, especially when paired with fresh berries and nuts.
- Chia Seed Pudding with Maple Strawberries Chia seeds have a thick coating on them that gets thick and pudding-like when liquid is added.
- Chewy Earl Grey Granola Bars Granola bars are such a classic grab and go breakfast or snack. These homemade bars are flavored with earl grey tea, lemon, and white chocolate chips for an elegant flavor profile.
- Mango Sticky Farro Farro is another great grain option if you’re looking for something off the beaten track. It has a nutty, chewy texture that you’ll love!
- Instant Pot Steel-Cut Oats It’s so easy to make a big batch of steel cut oats in your Instant Pot. Keep them plain, then let the whole family customize their own with their favorite toppings! They are so many different ways you can take this easy and nutritious breakfast.
- Carrot Cake Granola Granola is great eaten straight from the bag, or sprinkle it over a container of yogurt. This recipe is inspired by the flavors of classic carrot cake – yum!
- Chocolate Chia Pudding When they’re soaked in liquid, like almond milk, chia seeds swell up and get a pudding-like consistancy that’s as nutritious as it is delicious. This sweet chocolate version is a great introduction to chia pudding!
- Baked Oatmeal Bars These take just 10 minutes of prep time are are like the softest, chewiest granola bars you’ve ever tried.
Savory Breakfast Ideas
- Baked Breakfast Taquitos The crispy breakfast taquitos are filled with scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, sausage, and fresh vegetables.
- Individual Veggie Quiche Cups Miniature quiche cups are so cute and much easier to deal with in the morning that cutting a slice from a whole pie. Pop one into a tupperware and stick it in the microwave when you get to the office.
- Mexican Egg Bake with Spinach, Beans, and Cheese This low carb breakfast if packed with protein – and flavor!
- Chorizo Breakfast Burritos Pop these meal prep burritos in a freezer bag for the ultimate make ahead meal!
- English Muffin Egg Sandwiches Like an Egg McMuffin, but less processed and made in your own kitchen. Make them ahead and they’re even faster than the drive though!
- Sweet Potato Egg Breakfast Casserole: A complete morning meal filled with delicious ingredients like eggs, sweet potatoes, turkey sausage, and cheese. Perfect for a hearty and satisfying breakfast!
- Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole Flavor-packed and filling, this one’s a crowd favorite!
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole This simple yet delicious slow cooker recipe combines hash browns, sausage, and cheese is a great way to start the day.
- French Toast Casserole Indulge in a simplified baked version of French toast filled with a rich and sweet cinnamon flavor, perfect for special weekend brunches or busy weekday mornings.
- Tater Tot Breakfast Bake Because who can say no to a tater tot?
Sweet Breakfast Ideas
- Strawberry Peach Smoothie Freezer Packs Freezer packs are a game changer for busy mornings. Simply dump a pack into the blender, blend with your favorite liquid, and go! Don’t forget your reusable straw!
- Cashew-Chai French Toast Casserole It’s so easy to make multiple servings of french toast casserole at once, then portion out and reheat in the mornings. This is also a great recipe for entertaining or serving for breakfast on Christmas morning.
- Honey-Vanilla Parfaits Make your yogurt more exciting by turning it into a fun parfait with fruit and granola.
- Mini Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casseroles Baking French toast casserole in muffin tins makes the cutest little individual portions! You’ll love the apple, cinnamon, and cream cheese flavor in this recipe.
- Maple Oat Pecan Scones Scones are seriously underrated, if you ask me. I love their subtle sweetness and tender-crisp texture. They go so well with my morning coffee!
- Strawberry Amaretto Coffee Cake Coffee cake is always a crowd favorite, especially when it has delicious flavors like strawberry and amaretto baked into it. You’ll LOVE the sweet crumble topping.
- Whole Wheat Crumpets with Strawberry-Balsamic Jam Dress up some homemade crumpets (or store-bought English muffins, if you prefer) with a delightfully complex homemade jam.
- Autumn Harvest Breakfast Cookies Breakfast cookies are similar to granola bars and are so convenient for grab and go – and kids (and adults!) love them since they’re so fun! This recipe is full of texture and flavor from grated carrot, raisins, pumpkin seeds, and coconut.
- Baked Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cups Baking oatmeal in muffin tins completely changes its texture, making is more like cake.
- Pancake Bites: Mini but mighty, stuff them with fruits or chocolate chips, pop in the oven, and voila! Pancake bites that are perfectly poppable.
Quick Breads and Muffins
- Chocolate Chai Zucchini Muffins There’s nothing quite like a big batch of muffins to start your day on the right foot! This recipe has loads of flavor with less sugar than traditional chocolaye muffins.
- Almond Butter Muffins If you’re looking for something more traditional, give these almond butter and oatmeal muffins a try. I love stirring fresh blueberries into the batter!
- Morning Glory Muffins The ultimate recipe when it comes to healthy muffins
- Apple Bread This quick bread is made with applesauce and studded with pieces of candied ginger for tons of flavor
- Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins Need I say more? You might want to make a double batch of these!
- Earl Grey Banana Bread Quick breads, like banana bread are always easy to grab on the go. This version gets extra flavor from earl grey tea – one of my favorites!
Miscellaneous Grab and Go Breakfast Items
- Apple Pie Who said pies are only for desserts? Kickstart your day with a leftover slice.
- Fruit Salad Chop up your fav fruits, drizzle some honey or lemon, and you’re good to go! They get extra juicy in the fridge, so they’re perfect to make ahead!
- Yogurt Parfaits Layer up some creamy yogurt, fresh fruits and crunchy granola, and voila – breakfast in a jar!
- Cottage Cheese with Fruit This combo is a protein-packed, super-refreshing way to start the day. Healthy, tasty, and oh-so-creamy!