Refreshing kale-blueberry salad with jerk pork loin chops is a fast and easy summer salad that you won’t be able to get enough of!
This kale-blueberry salad with jerk pork is one of my favorite things lately. I’ve made it twice in the last two weeks – and I probably would have made it a third time, but we were away on vacation. Plus, I need to keep trying new things or I’d never have any recipes to share here. (This recipe is also what inspired my jerk turkey burgers with pineapple salsa!)
As it is, I can’t take credit for creating this recipe – the chefs at Sun Basket created it and it’s pretty brilliant. I love the flavor and texture of the blueberry and cucumber. I never would have thought to put those ingredients together on my own, but now I’m obsessed. It’s super refreshing combo that I’ll be eating all summer. The dressing, made with lime juice, honey, and shallot, is similar to the one I used on my Southwest Barbecue Chicken Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing and it’s crazy good.
Sun Basket Review
We’ve been getting Sun Basket deliveries every week since February, and Shawn and I both really love it. I’ve tried a few other meal delivery boxes, but none of them were this exciting. Sun Basket takes a really creative approach to their menus, and they aren’t afraid of big, bold flavors. In the past 16 or so weeks, there have only been one or two recipes that I didn’t completely love. Plus the whole not having to go to the grocery store thing kind of has me spoiled.
As much as I love cooking and coming up with my own recipes, I never have the energy or motivation to be creative on weeknights after work. These boxes have been a lifesaver. Instead of being tempted to order delivery, I’m never more than a few minutes away from a nutritious, homemade dinner. The recipes are incredibly easy to make, most of them are super fast (15-20 minutes!), and I almost always have plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.
If you want to give them a try, you can use my referral link and get $35 off their new lean & clean meals.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops 6-ounces each
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- ½ seedless cucumber sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Red chile flakes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 6 cups baby kale
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and rub all over with the jerk seasoning.
- In a large bowl, combine the bell pepper, cucumber, blueberries, shallots, lime juice, honey, chile flakes, and 2 tablespoons oil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand while you prepare the pork.
- In a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and cook, turning frequently, until browned but still faintly pink within, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then slice crosswise.
- While the pork rests, add the baby kale and half the cilantro to the salad and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with sliced pork.
3 thoughts on “Kale-Blueberry Salad with Jerk Pork Loin”
I made it and it was delicious, it’s definitely a keeper.
So nice and healthy!
I love blackberries on salads. Great flavor combination.