Meet my new favorite salad. It’s piled high with tons of toppings and dressed with a sweet-tart dressing that I can’t get enough of!
This salad is loaded with flavorful toppings in a variety of textures that really keep things interesting. Crispy greens, creamy avocado, sweet grilled corn, juicy tomatoes – you name it, it’s on there. Plus some corn chips for a crunchy bonus that will have even the pickiest eaters asking for seconds.
As if that’s not all delicious enough, I was completely blown away by the cilantro-lime-honey dressing that ties it all together. It’s sweet and tart and I want to put it on everything. It’s my new go-to dressing, for sure.
Southwest Barbecue Chicken Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ears corn husks removed
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup loosely packed cilantro chopped
- 1 garlic cloves grated
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup low sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 package 9 ounces Dole® hearts of romaine
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- ½ cup corn chips
- Heat your grill to medium high. Add the chicken and corn; cook for 8 minutes or until the chicken is partially cooked and the corn begins to brown. Remove the corn from the grill. Brush both sides of the chicken with barbecue sauce and cook an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cooke through. Remove from grill and dice. Cut the corn away from the cob.
- In a small jar, combine the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cilantro and honey. Mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the romaine with half of the dressing; divide the dressed lettuce among four bowls.
- Top each salad with chicken, corn, tomatoes, avocado, beans, cheese, and corn chips. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
15 thoughts on “Southwest Barbecue Chicken Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing”
I missed what you do with the cilantro. Do you add it to the dressing when you mix it up?
yes – add it to the dressing with the other ingredients. 🙂
What a hearty salad! And that cilantro lime dressing sounds amazing!
Thank you for introducing me to my new favorite salad!!! This sounds so, so GOOD! LOVE all the textures and toppings and flavors.