Serve these paleo apple crisp foil packets, straight from the grill! They’re made with just 5 ingredients – and they’re healthy enough for breakfast!
Campfire desserts are the best. You can never go wrong with s’mores or grilled pound cake topped with fresh berries, but what about those nights that call for a lighter option? I gotchu.
Today we’re making grain-free apple crisp foil packets!
They taste just like your favorite apple crisp, but without the mess or the hassle of turning the oven on.
And they’re made with simple, real food ingredients to keep things paleo-friendly!
I used the original granola from Steve’s Paleo Goods because it was the most affordable option at Whole Foods, but any grain free granola should work. If you’re up for it, you can even make your own slow cooker granola or try this homemade protein granola.
The granola is really crunchy straight from the bag, but it softens slightly as it cooks and creates the perfect crumble topping.
The paleo apple crisp is delicious on its own straight from the foil pack, but if you’re feeling more indulgent top it with a scoop of high-quality vanilla ice cream (here’s a paleo ice cream recipe) – the combination of warm apples, crisp topping, and creamy ice cream is to die for.
Grain Free Apple Crisp Foil Packs
- 2 apples sliced
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ghee or coconut oil
- Scant 1/2 cup grain-free granola
- Arrange two squares of heavy duty aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Arrange one sliced apple on each sheet; sprinkle each with half of the coconut sugar and cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Add 1 teaspoon ghee and half the granola to each packet, then fold over the sides of the foil to seal the apples inside.
- Grill on high, seam-side up, for 12-15 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.