Dress up your grilled corn with a creamy mix of yogurt, wing sauce, and blue cheese for a summer side dish that’ll make your taste buds dance!
Drop everything and make this Buffalo street corn tonight.
Trust me – we can’t stop eating it! It’s sweet and spicy and creamy and salty and altogether dreamy.
And it’s super easy to make. Like, mind-boggling easy. You can even make the yogurt-based Buffalo-blue spread ahead of time and keep it in the fridge so you have it on the ready whenever a craving strikes. Which will be frequently.
(Besides dressing up grilled corn on the cob, the spread is also awesome as a makeshift dip for chips or crackers, a sandwich spread, or even a hot dog topping. Along with pickled onions, it’s my new go-to summer condiment.)
I’ve been thinking about making grilled Buffalo street corn ever since I made this Grilled Corn on the Cob with Goat Cheese and Smoked Paprika, but it took a while to perfect the recipe. As it usually is, the key was to keep things super simple.
Fat free Greek yogurt.
Those five ingredients come together to make magic.
No need to baste the corn with wing sauce as it cooks or make fancy purees. Just grill the corn, slather it with the spread, and chow down.
You can use as much or as little as you’d like, but a little goes a long way.
Topping the Buffalo street corn with extra blue cheese crumbles and cilantro makes it look pretty and adds even more flavor, but it isn’t necessary.
- 6 ears corn on the cob cleaned
- ⅓ fat free plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2-3 Tablespoons hot sauce to taste (I use Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Additional blue cheese lime wedges and cilantro for serving, if desired
- Grill the corn over high heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the yogurt, cheese, hot sauce, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Brush the yogurt sauce onto the corn. If desired, top the corn with additional blue cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately.