Reinvent dinner with loaded Greek fries topped with sauteed chicken, vegetables, and tzatziki sauce. On the table in about a half hour, it’s the perfect way to add a dose of fun to a weeknight!
I don’t usually mind cooking dinner, but sometimes I don’t actually feel like eating it. I get burned out pretty easily and feel like we always eat the same things – or slight variations on the same things – all the time. It gets boring.
I came up with the idea for loaded Greek fries on one of the nights. It looks like junk food and eats like a snack, but when you break it down into its key components, it’s just a normal, balanced meal: baked fries, sauteed chicken, a simple salad full of vegetables like cucumbers and artichoke hearts, and yogurt-based tzatziki sauce. In fact, if you stuffed the chicken and vegetables into a pita and served the fries on the side, it might even be considered boring. It’s amazing what a little repackaging can do to a meal, right?
I used Alexia’s Organic Yukon Select Fries as the base for these loaded Greek fries. I love Alexia products and frequently turn to them when I’m looking for a side dish that will make everyone happy (or if I need the perfect onion ring for the top of my smoky lentil and cauliflower burgers). The Yukon Selects are great for this recipe since they cook up nice and crisp and have a neutral flavor that doesn’t compete with all of the toppings.
For more great weeknight meal ideas using Alexia products, be sure to sign up for their newsletter and check out their website – they have some amazing looking recipes for things like turkey schnitzel with dried cherry relish and sweet potato pulled pork sliders.
- 1 bag Alexia Yukon Select julienne fries
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 red onion minced
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup prepared tzatziki sauce
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Spread the fries on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 25 minutes, or until crisp and golden, turning them over halfway through.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken, turning to coat. Let sit 10 minutes. Heat the remaining olive oil in a arge skillet. Add the chicken and saute 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, artichoke hearts, olives, and vinegar.
- To serve, top the fries with the chicken, vegetables, and tzatziki sauce.
Alexia Foods offers frozen potatoes, appetizers, breads and side dishes with minimal, but distinctive, real ingredients that serve-up exceptional taste. Alexia frozen sides are a delicious addition to a balanced meal with that little something extra and can be ready in 25 minutes—or less. Sign up for Alexia’s Club 350 newsletter for more great meal inspiration!
Alexia. Farm to Flavor.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Alexia . The opinions and text are all mine.