I created this quick and easy recipe for sautéed shrimp with artichokes using Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Lemon Shrimp with Garlic & Herbs as part of a sponsored series with Socialstars. #bbsuperfreshfan
Can you believe it took me longer to photograph this recipe than it did for me to cook it? Seriously. It only takes 15 minutes to whip up this dish of sautéed shrimp with artichokes, white beans, and spinach –and a pot of quinoa to serve with it. Weeknight dinner just doesn’t get much easier than this!
One of my favorite things about this shrimp and artichoke sauté is that you only need a handful of ingredients, and they’re all things that I always have on hand: a bag of Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Lemon Shrimp with Garlic & Herbs, a can of artichokes, a can of small white beans, and some fresh baby spinach.
I’ve written about Bumble Bee SuperFresh® before, and I love keeping a few bags in my freezer for nights when I want a healthy dinner that doesn’t take a lot of effort or planning – since the shrimp cook from frozen, you don’t even need to worry about pulling anything out to defrost. While you can serve them simply over some pasta or rice, they also make a great, flavorful shortcut for recipes like this one.
Inside the bag of shrimp, you’ll find fresh frozen shrimp and several disks of seasoned butter. It’s all natural, gluten free, and contains a very short list of real, recognizable ingredients (shrimp, butter, lemon juice and zest, white wine, olive oil, garlic, and herbs). When you prepare the shrimp according to the directions on the package the butter melts into a delicious scampi-like sauce; there’s just enough to add a little bit of flavor to every bite of this sauté.
If you have leftovers, add some fresh lemon juice and enjoy them chilled as a delicious salad. (The shrimp don’t reheat well – they’ll overcook and get tough.)
To learn more about the Bumble Bee SuperFresh®, visit them on Facebook or Twitter. The line includes 7 varieties of all-natural chef-prepped fish and seafood that go from freezer to table in under 20 minutes.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 package Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Lemon Shrimp with Garlic & Herbs
- 1 can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can artichoke heart quarters (in water), drained
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly torn
- Add the quinoa and 2 cups of water to a small saucepan over medium heat Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 15 minutes, or until the water has absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, add the frozen shrimp to a cold sauté pan. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, turning occasionally. Pour off any liquid and return the pan to the burner, along with the seasoned butter medallions, beans, and artichokes. Cook 2 minutes, stirring once to twice, or until the butter has melted and the shrimp are opaque. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the spinach.
- Serve the shrimp and artichoke sauté over the cooked quinoa.