This easy roasted red pepper and white bean dip is made with just 5 ingredients, but it’s packed with bold, fresh flavor.
If you’re in the market for a healthy snack full of fresh flavor, I have you covered. This warm roasted red pepper dip has everything I look for in a Saturday afternoon snack. It’s packed full of the fresh, bright flavors of roasted red peppers and fresh basil and topped with a bubbling layer of melted mozzarella cheese.
Once you dig in, you won’t want to stop!
I wish you could smell this recipe though your computer screen – the combination of roasted red peppers and fresh basil is absolutely intoxicating.
Dips like this usually get their body from cream cheese or mayonnaise, but my recipe uses pureed white beans instead. It doesn’t taste like bean dip at all, but the beans add tons of filling protein and give the dip a nice, creamy base without tons of fat.
I love to serve this roasted red pepper dip with vegetable sticks and pasta chips for dipping. If you haven’t tried pasta chips yet, you should definitely check them out! We first discovered them last summer and they became a fast favorite. They’re all-natural baked chips made from semolina flour and Italian herbs, and they remind me of a cross between a chip and a cracker. We’ve loved ever flavor that we’ve tried, but we both like the Alfredo flavor best. We usually snack on them straight from the bag, but they’re also great with dips like this one or with my spicy bacon and scallion dip.
Look for them in the deli section or natural foods aisle of your local grocery store. You can also use this coupon for $1 off.
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup basil (loosely packed)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Alfredo or Marinara Pasta Chips, for serving (recommended)
- Heat your oven to 350ºF.
- Add the beans, red peppers, basil, and garlic to your blender. Blend on high for 8-10 seconds, or until smooth. Pour into an oven-safe ramekin and top with a thin layer of cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown.
- Serve with pasta chips.
I created this recipe for my client, Pasta Chips. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep me inspired in the kitchen.