This super creamy, milkshake-like oatmeal smoothie recipe is made with oats, raisins, cinnamon, and vanilla. It tastes just like an oatmeal cookie!
It’s Time to Start Your Day With Oatmeal Smoothies
This smoothie is something I’ve had in the back of my mind for practically forever – ever since 2010, when I received a press release about an oat-based breakfast drink.
I’m not actually a big smoothie person, but the idea of putting oats in one really stuck with me.
This oatmeal smoothie reminds me of a cross between the banana milkshakes that my mom use to make me and oatmeal cookies!
They’re cool and creamy, with a hint of oats, cinnamon, and vanilla.
But my favorite part is the texture – they have a perfect milkshake consistency, despite the fact that they don’t contain any ice cream!
What you’ll love about this smoothie recipe:
- An easy on the go breakfast
- Full of nourishing ingredients like rolled oats, Greek yogurt, and banana
- Can easily be adapted to fit into a vegan or gluten-free lifestyle
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Milk. Whatever you have in the fridge is fine. I like to use unsweetened almond milk or skim milk.
- Greek yogurt. Grab your favorite plain Greek yogurt. I use 0% Chobani or Fage. You can also use a dairy-free yogurt if you want.
- Banana. For that delightfully creamy texture.
- Rolled Oats. Raw oats add nutrients to this oatmeal smoothie and make it nice and thick. To keep this smoothie gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
- Raisins. These add a touch of sweetness and that classic oatmeal raising cookie flavor.
- Brown Sugar. For a little more sweetness and a caramel flavor. You can use maple syrup or a date instead if you avoid processed sugar.
- Vanilla Extract.
- Ground Cinnamon.
- Ice cubes.
Tips and Tricks:
You can use frozen banana in this oatmeal, but I prefer using a fresh, ripe banana for a smoother texture.
Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder to help you power thought your day!
A lot of people have told me they love topping their oatmeal smoothie with a teaspoon of drippy, natural peanut butter.
More smoothie recipes
- Strawberry Banana Smoothies
- Creamy Mango Smoothies
- Super Thick Blueberry Banana Smoothies
- Pineapple Ginger Immunity Smoothies
- Easy Watermelon Smoothie
- Tropical Green Smoothies
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothies
- Healthy Gingerbread Smoothies
Healthy Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
- ½ cup fat free milk or almond milk
- ½ cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- ½ banana peeled
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats uncooked
- 1 ounce raisins
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Add all ingredients, except ice, to a blender container in the order listed. Cover and process on high for 45 seconds, or until smooth.
- Add the ice. Cover and blend on high for another 45 seconds to 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ice down into the blades.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately.