After weeks of anticipation, I can’t believe Christmas is in just a few days! I’ve eaten way more than my fair share of cookies (have you tried the crispy chocolate hazelnut cookies from Trader Joe’s? I’m obsessed and it’s becoming a problem) and peppermint mocha rice pudding, but I haven’t had nearly enough gingerbread in my life.
Gingerbread is one of my favorite Christmastime flavors, so that obviously needs to be remedied, stat. I pulled together a collection of thirteen healthy gingerbread recipes that look and sound amazing. The round up includes everything from a yogurt-based smoothie to paleo gingerbread men to dairy-free cookies, so you’re bound to find a new favorite recipe even if you have food allergies or sensitivities.
1. Double Ginger Apple Gingerbread Parfaits – Crystalized ginger adds an extra punch to this apple-studded gingerbread. Layer it with lemon yogurt for a festive parfait!
2. Gingerbread Smoothies – This is one of my personal favorite healthy gingerbread recipes. Low fat, high protein, and packed with that gingerbread flavor you love.
3. Paleo Gingerbread Men – Gingerbread men get a sugar-free and grain-free makeover!
4. High Protein Gingerbread Oatmeal – Start your morning off on the right foot with these healthy, protein-packed gingerbread oats.
5. Gingerbread Hot Chocolate – Gingerbread lattes are classic, but gingerbread hot chocolate is even more fun! This sweet and spicy gingerbread hot chocolate, made with skim milk, is delicious on it’s own or with a shot of spiced rum. Substitute coconut or almond milk and use dark chocolate to make it dairy free!
6. Dairy Free Gingerbread Pudding – Cool, creamy, and dairy free, this gingerbread pudding is a great and unexpected option for dessert.
7. Vegan Gingerbread Whoopie Pies – What can be more fun than whoopie pies? You can’t help but love this vegan version.
8. Gingerbread Breakfast Cookies – Whole wheat breakfast cookies are a great option for busy mornings. In addition to classic gingerbread flavors, this recipe is loaded with Greek yogurt, apples, and cranberries.
9. No Bake Gingerbread Date Balls – These naturally-sweetened energy bites are grain free!
10. Gingerbread Chia Seed Pudding (Dairy Free) – Chia pudding is great for breakfast or dessert. Why not jazz yours up with warm gingerbread spices?
11. Gingerbread Popcorn – Perfect for munching on while you watch Elf or Miracle on 34th Street.
12. Gingerbread Granola – Gingerbread granola is delicious by the hand full or as a cereal with milk or yogurt.
13. Gingerbread Nut Butter – Last but definitely not least, gingerbread nut butter so you can gingerbread all the things! This would make a great gift for any gingerbread-lover. I can’t wait to try it on a cinnamon raisin English muffin or apple slices.
Pin These Healthy Gingerbread Recipes For Later:
1 thought on “13 Healthy Gingerbread Recipes to Enjoy Morning, Noon + Night”
Amazing roundup of gingerbread recipes! I love gingerbread 🙂