November – that time of year when thoughts turn half to holiday baking and half to trying not to put on holiday weight. The struggle is real. Luckily, there are some recipes – like these spiced sweet potato blender muffins topped with pecan streusel – that let you have the best of both worlds.
They’re springy and moist, just like muffins should be, with a crunchy sweet topping and tons of holiday flavor. And thanks to Whole Earth Sweetener Co.‘s Baking Blend, they have less sugar than traditional muffins! It’s a little bit like Christmas came early.
These blender muffins start with wholesome ingredients like sweet potatoes, oats, nuts, and eggs. Warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom give them that holiday flavor you crave; Whole Earth Sweetener’s Baking Blend gives them the perfect kiss of sweetness.
The Baking Blend is a mixture of raw sugar and stevia, so you can use half the amount but achieve the same level of sweetness.
Instead of using a bowl, mix the ingredients in a blender. It’s super easy and ensures that all of the ingredients are perfectly incorporated. You can also make these muffins by hand, but the batter is thick and difficult to mix because of the sweet potato.
Unlike other lower calorie sweeteners I’ve tried, this Baking Blend didn’t have any aftertaste. We couldn’t distinguish between the muffins made with the Baking Blend and those made with all sugar. It definitely impressed me and I plan to make this a staple for my holiday baking!
If you’re a fan of unique muffin flavors, you’ll also want to try these citrusy orange muffins.
Spiced Sweet Potato Blender Muffins with Pecan StreuselPrint Pin SaveSaved!
For the Muffins:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup Whole Earth Sweetener Baking Blend or 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
For the pecan streusel:
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Whole Earth Sweetener Baking Blend or 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Use a sharp knife to score the sweet potato. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, or until soft. When cool enough to handle, scoop the potato into a small bowl and discard the skin.
- Heat the oven to 375ºF and line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- Add 1 cup of sweet potato along with the eggs, buttermilk, flour, oats, Baking Blend sweetener, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices to a blender or food processor, in the order listed. Cover and blend on high 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed, until the batter is smooth and all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients. Mix the ingredients together until they resemble coarse, wet sand. Spoon the topping onto each muffin.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
1 thought on “Spiced Sweet Potato Blender Muffins with Pecan Streusel”
Waoh I so wanna try this, I Love pecan <33