Crispy chipotle quinoa fritters with spicy dipping sauce are a game day hit!
[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”4705936″]
Last fall, I attended a dinner as part of the New York City Wine and Food Festival and one of the biggest hits of the night was a falafel-type fritter made with quinoa, white beans, and broccoli. I’ve been looking for an excuse to play with this idea ever since!
I finally found the perfect opportunity: This week, #SundaySupper is being sponsored by Gallo Family Vineyards and it’s all about game day entertaining. Wine probably isn’t the first thing to come to most people’s minds when they think about football – I know it certainly isn’t for me – but it actually pairs with game day foods really well. Reds go great with meaty dishes like ropa vieja; crisp whites are perfect alongside fried foods.
I created these Chipotle Quinoa Fritters with Gallo’s chardonnay in mind and, as anticipated, the pairing was a huge hit. The fritters were smokey and spicy (but not too spicy!) and came with a fantastic dipping sauce that has the perfect amount of kick. They’re also loaded with protein and fiber from quinoa, chickpeas, and cauliflower. The chardonnay was perfect for washing away any lingering spiciness between bites, so each fritter tasted just as good as the one before.
A huge thank you to Gallo Family Vineyards for sponsoring this week’s Sunday Supper! Find their wines near you using their store locator or connect with them online via facebook, twitter, instagram, and youtube.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
- Bacon Wrapped Maple Scallops by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower “Wings” by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Bean and Chorizo Dip by Foxes Love Lemons
- Beer Braised Szechuan Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Blue Cheese Burger Bites by Country Girl In The Village
- Chipotle Quinoa Fritters by Healthy. Delicious.
- Cilantro Lime Marinated Shrimp by Ruffles & Truffles
- Game Day Pepperoni Pizza Dip by Family Foodie
- Game Day Pulled Pork Nachos by girlichef
- Goat Cheese, Bacon, and Pistachio Truffles by Chocolate Moosey
- Grilled Steak Sliders with Chimichurri Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Honey Dijon Glazed Wings by The Foodie Army Wife
- Honey Ham Barbecue by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip by The Dinner-Mom
- Korean-style Clams by kimchi MOM
- Sparkling Pomegranate Pinot Punch by Magnolia Days
- Spicy Sausage Rolls by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Spinach Balls by Shocklingly Delicious
- Spinach Lasagna Cups by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Skins by The Wimpy Vegetarian