These turkey sliders might be small, but they’re jam-packed with bold flavor from shredded Brussels sprouts to crisp apples to zesty cranberry mustard. Perfect for using the last of your leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
I always wonder how many people actually make the Thanksgiving leftovers recipes that flood the internet this time of year. Do you make them? Are Thanksgiving leftovers even a real thing? We demolish the stuffing and make quick work of the gravy and potatoes. The only things left over are mounds of turkey and maybe a few rolls.
These turkey sliders with cranberry mustard are great to make an time, but they’re especially good in the days following Thanksgiving. If you eat dinner early, they can also stand in as a late-night Thanksgiving snack!
They don’t require a ton of leftovers other than turkey – just set aside a few Brussels sprouts before you roast the rest with Asiago and speck and grab an extra can of cranberry sauce (or make a double batch of Cranberry Salsa!) and you’ll be ready to rock. They’re basically the best an easiest Thanksgiving leftovers sliders ever!
The ingredients on these turkey sliders are super simple, but they work together really well.
Start by slathering the bottom of the rolls with a mixture of cranberry sauce and Dijon mustard. It’s really easy to mix up, and tastes so good!
Then, layer on thinly sliced turkey. If you don’t have leftovers, deli turkey works nearly as well – I like to use a craving board style for the best texture. Next, add sliced of extra-sharp cheddar cheese and crisp apples before topping it all off with shredded Brussels sprouts. Brussels sprout on a sandwich aren’t traditional, but I felt like these sliders needed a little something green. Lettuce didn’t seem right, but shredded sprouts totally worked!
Then pop everything in the oven for a few minutes – just long enough to take the chill off the turkey, melt the cheese a smidge, and get the rolls nice and toasty.
- 12 slider rolls or similar small rolls
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 cups sliced turkey breast about 8 ounces
- 5 slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 8 Brussels sprouts shredded
- Heat your oven to 350ºF.
- Slice the slider rolls in half and place the bottom halves in a small baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cranberry sauce and mustard until smooth. Season with cracked black pepper. Slather the cranberry mustard over the rolls. Layer on the turkey, cheese, apple, and Brussels sprouts, then cover with the top halves of the rolls.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until warm and slightly toasty.