This week, the #SundaySupper group is sharing ways to use up Thanksgiving leftovers!
Shawn and I eat at my parents’ house so I don’t usually have leftovers to deal with. I wish that I did! I wouldn’t turn them into something else though – I’d just eat Thanksgiving dinner again and again until they were gone. Or at least until all that was left as turkey, which I’d throw into a big pot of soup or cassoulet.
[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”4705936″]
Ok, I’d do something with the carrots. They seem to be a staple at every holiday meal, but I don’t know if anyone actually eats them, so they’re usually left over in massive quantities. (Why would you when there are so many other amazing vegetables, like roast Brussels sprouts with cranberries, to choose from or when you can just fill up on stuffing?) They’re boring enough the first time around, but reheated? They’d probably just get shoved to the back of the fridge where I’d forget about them until trash night.
These whipped carrots are delicious enough to make in their own right, but if you have leftovers to start from you’re already halfway there! Just throw them into the blender with some coconut milk and whip them until they’re nice and smooth (it only takes a few seconds), then top them with sriracha butter that’s spicy enough to balance out the sweetness of the carrots without being super hot.
These whipped carrots definitely have an Asian influence, but they’re pretty versatile. Try them with roast chicken thighs (or leftover turkey) or a piece of grilled fish for an easy and healthy weeknight meal.
Whipped Carrots with Sriracha Butter #SundaySupper
Give leftover carrots new life by whipping them with coconut milk and topping them with spicy sriracha butter. Leftover sriracha butter can be kept in the refrigerator (wrap it in plastic wrap) and is delicious on grilled fish or potatoes.
- 1 pound cooked carrots (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Combine the carrots and coconut milk in a blender; blend on high until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the butter, sriracha, lime juice, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Top the carrots with sriracha butter, to taste.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 279 Calories from fat 172|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 19||29%|
|Saturated Fat 9||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 4||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|
- Cranberry Sauce Muffins by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cranberry Sauce’d Cornbread Muffins by Rhubarb and Honey
- Leftover Stuffing Breakfast Strata by Ruffles & Truffles
- Sweet Potato Casserole Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Turkey & Chorizo Breakfast Hash by Brunch with Joy
- Creamy Gochujang Peanut Pasta Salad by Wallflour Girl
- Creamy Sweet Potato Soup by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Creamy Turkey Orzo Risotto by Family Foodie
- Herbed Turkey over Cornbread Waffles with Cranberry Sauce by girlichef
- Leftover Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Leftover Thanksgiving Pizza by Meal Diva
- Moroccan Turkey Stew by What Smells So Good?
- Peruvian Cilantro and Turkey Soup by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Stuffing Hash by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Thanksgiving Leftover Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Turkey and Butternut Squash Stew by Cooking Chat
- Turkey & Caramelized Onion Risotto by kimchi MOM
- Turkey and Stuffing Crepes by Peaceful Cooking
- Turkey Croquettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Turkey Enchilada Pasta Bake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Turkey Kreplach Soup by Panning the Globe
- Turkey with Mustard Mascarpone Marsala Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Cheesy Jalapeño Potato Cakes by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Croquettes by Noshing with the Nolands
- Cranberry Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower Wings by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Mashed Potato Pancakes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower & Potato by Momma’s Meals
- Whipped Carrots with Sriracha Butter by Healthy Delicious
- Apple Pecan Chicken (or Turkey!) Salad by NeighborFood
- Cranberry and Turkey Sandwiches by The Redhead Baker
- Monte Cristo Sandwich by Nik Snacks
- Sprouted Grain Turkey, Cranberry & Brie Panini by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Turkey Cranberry Flatbread by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Turkey Hot Brown by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Condiments & Sauces:
- Cranberry Vinaigrette by Nosh My Way
- DIY Yellow Mustard by The Texan New Yorker
- Leftover White Wine Syrup by Food Lust People Love
- Banana Cheesecake with Pecan Graham Cracker Crust by Desserts Required
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten Free Lemon Drizzle Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Cranberry Sauce Buckle by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Cocktails & Drinks:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday!We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 p.m. ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.