Roast baby potatoes with artichokes and mushrooms are tossed with briny olives and bright lemon zest for an easy springtime side dish. These potatoes are great for Easter, Passover, Sunday supper, or even a weeknight meal!
In the last month, I’ve probably cooked more potatoes than I have in the last year. From loaded potato soup to cheesy colcannon cakes to roast potatoes with apples and chicken sausage, I can’t seem to get enough!
I made this easy side dish to go with roast chicken last weekend, and it was delicious – it would be a great addition to your Spring holiday table. I roasted the potatoes along with baby artichokes, white mushrooms, and lemon zest, then tossed them with lemon juice, oil-cured black olives, and parsley just before serving. The result was a great mix of earthy and bright flavors that stole the spotlight at our dinner table.
These roast potatoes with artichokes, mushrooms, and olives feature baby red and yellow Idaho® potatoes. I love these potatoes because their small size means they cook up really quickly (I have a tendency to be really impatient when it comes to cooking potatoes) and they have a fantastic texture that’s firm but not mealy.
In addition to the baby potatoes, I used baby artichokes. They’re adorable, plus they’re way easier to clean than full-sized artichokes. If you can’t find baby artichokes in your local market, go ahead and substitute frozen artichoke hearts – just thaw them and pat them dry before adding them your pan so you don’t introduce too much moisture to the dish.
Whatever you do, don’t be tempted to skip the olives in this recipe – the briny pop of flavor that they add really brings the recipe together and makes it worth writing home about.
- 1½ pounds baby yellow and/or red Idaho® potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 baby artichokes
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup pitted black olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Toss the potatoes in oil and arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the artichokes by cutting off the tops and stems and removing the tough outer leaves. Slice the artichokes in half.
- Stir the prepared artichokes, mushrooms, and lemon zest in with the potatoes. Roast an additional 15 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, parsley and olives.
I developed this recipe for my client, Idaho® potatoes. Be sure to check out their web site for tons of amazing potato recipe ideas!