These garlic and herb lamb chops – which take less than 20 minutes to make – are a great way to celebrate National Garlic Day!
I use garlic just about every time I cook, but it’s usually just to add flavor in the background of a dish – unless I’m making something like shrimp scampi, it’s rarely the star. Today is National Garlic Day, though, so some of my friends and I are sharing recipes that really emphasize the flavor of garlic. I decided to celebrate in style with broiled lamb chops bursting with the flavors of garlic, fresh herbs, and lemon juice.
Unlike garlic, lamb chops aren’t something I cook very often. Every time I do make them, I wonder why I don’t buy them more frequently. They’re so easy to make! They’re great cooked on the grill, but using the broiler makes them practically fool-proof. After just 10 minutes, they’ll be browned and crisp on the edges but tender and perfectly cooked throughout. (If you lamb lamb, be sure to check out my recipe for lamb chops with vanilla balsamic glaze, too. It’s a new favorite!)
Since these lamb chops are so simple, you’ll want to use the best ingredients you can get your hands on. Fresh herbs really make a difference in this recipe and I like to use local garlic from the farmer’s market or co-op, which I find has a more pungent flavor and a softer texture than what I buy at the grocery store.
This recipe definitely uses a ton of garlic (you might want to buy some after dinner mints) and it’s the predominant flavor of this recipe, but the lamb definitely holds it’s own and the lemon juice helps tie it all together.
My favorite way to serve them is with potatoes au gratin and roast asparagus (broil the lamb while the potatoes rest), but they’re also great with couscous, mashed cauliflower, or even on top of a salad with feta and kalamata olives.
For more garlicky goodness, be sure to check out these recipes from my friends:
- Black Garlic Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream from girlichef
- Caesar Tartlets with Sweet Garlic Butter Crusts from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Garlic Infused Olive Oil from MarocMama
- Garlic and Herb Lamb Chops from Healthy. Delicious.
- Garlic Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Garlic Dill Roasted Potato Wedges from From Gate to Plate
- Garlic Fried Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Garlic Soup with Cheese & Garlic Olive Crunch Bread from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Garlic Trifecta with Quinoa Pasta and Spinach from Peaceful Cooking
- Gnocchetti with Asparagus and Garlic-Gorgonzola Sauce from The Spiffy Cookie
- Heart Healthy Roasted Garlic Chicken Recipe from It’s Yummi!
- Roasted Garlic Butter from Basic N Delicious
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza Pockets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow-Roasted Lamb with 40 Cloves of Garlic from Food Lust People Love
- Vampire Garlic Dip from Kudos Kitchen By Renee