These garlic and herb lamb chops – which take less than 20 minutes to make – are a great way to celebrate National Garlic Day! Keep reading to get the recipe and find out how you can win a Garlic Lovers Prize Pack worth over $100.
[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”4705936″]
I use garlic just about every time I cook, but it’s usually just to add flavor in the background of a dish – unless I’m making something like shrimp scampi, it’s rarely the star. Today is National Garlic Day, though, so some of my friends and I are sharing recipes that really emphasize the flavor of garlic. I decided to celebrate in style with broiled lamb chops bursting with the flavors of garlic, fresh herbs, and lemon juice.
Unlike garlic, lamb chops aren’t something I cook very often. Every time I do make them, I wonder why I don’t buy them more frequently. They’re so easy to make! They’re great cooked on the grill, but using the broiler makes them practically fool-proof. After just 10 minutes, they’ll be browned and crisp on the edges but tender and perfectly cooked throughout.
Since these lamb chops are so simple, you’ll want to use the best ingredients you can get your hands on. Fresh herbs really make a difference in this recipe and I like to use local garlic, which I find has a more pungent flavor and a softer texture than what I buy at the grocery store.
This recipe definitely uses a ton of garlic (you might want to buy some after dinner mints) and it’s the predominant flavor of this recipe, but the lamb definitely holds it’s own and the lemon juice helps tie it all together.
My favorite way to serve them is with potatoes au gratin and roast asparagus (I broil the lamb while the potatoes rest), but they’re also great with couscous, mashed cauliflower, or even on top of a salad with feta and kalamata olives.
For more garlicky goodness, be sure to check out these recipes from my friends:
- Black Garlic Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream from girlichef
- Caesar Tartlets with Sweet Garlic Butter Crusts from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Garlic Infused Olive Oil from MarocMama
- Garlic and Herb Lamb Chops from Healthy. Delicious.
- Garlic Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Garlic Dill Roasted Potato Wedges from From Gate to Plate
- Garlic Fried Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Garlic Soup with Cheese & Garlic Olive Crunch Bread from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Garlic Trifecta with Quinoa Pasta and Spinach from Peaceful Cooking
- Gnocchetti with Asparagus and Garlic-Gorgonzola Sauce from The Spiffy Cookie
- Heart Healthy Roasted Garlic Chicken Recipe from It’s Yummi!
- Roasted Garlic Butter from Basic N Delicious
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza Pockets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow-Roasted Lamb with 40 Cloves of Garlic from Food Lust People Love
- Vampire Garlic Dip from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 generous pinch sea salt
- 1 pound lamb chops
- If your broiler is in your oven (not in a separate section below the main one), place your oven rack in the second highest position. Heat the broiler to high.
- Combine the olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl or dish that's large enough to fit the lamb chops. Crush the garlic in a press (or use the flat side of a chef's knife to smash it, then finely mince) and add it to the dish. Stir in the rosemary, parsley, and salt.
- Add the lamb chops, turning to coat. Arrange the lamb chops in a single layer on a broiler pan. Broil for 5 minutes.
- Turn the lamb chops over and spoon on more of the marinade, so each lamb chops is coated with garlic and herbs. Broil another 5 minutes.
In honor of National Garlic Day and our love of the stinking rose, we are giving away a Garlic Lovers Prize Pack (valued at over $100) that includes:
- The Garlic Farmers’ Cookbook
- One-year membership to the Garlic Seed Foundation
- 5 Garlic Button Covers
- OXO Good Grips Garlic Press
- The Ultimate Garlic Peeler
- Tumbleweed Pottery Garlic Clove Canister Keeper with Vented Lid
- Terra Cotta Garlic Roaster
- 2 Bulbs of Whole Black Garlic
To enter, simply leave a comment on this post (mandatory) answering this question: What is your favorite GARLICKY dish (or one that you’d love to try)?
After you’ve answered the question for entry into this contest, be sure to record that you did so in
the rafflecopter widget below; doing so will unlock many more optional ways to earn entries.
This giveaway is open to residents of the Continental USA. Entries will be accepted through 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, April 24, 2014. All entries will be verified. A winner will be chosen from qualifying entries via random draw, and notified via email within 48 hours of the close of this contest. The winner will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to respond with their complete name and mailing address (no P.O. Boxes). If no response is received within 24 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
Prizes provided by The Garlic Seed Foundation, Food Lust People Love and girlichef. Prizes may vary slightly from images shown and are subject to replacement with comparable items if ones pictured are no longer available at the close of this contest. Items may be shipped separately.