Happy Cinco de Mayo! This is one of my favorite holidays, for no reason other than it give me an excuse to eat Mexican food and drink margaritas. What’s not to love?
By this point, you probably already have your menu planned out. But if you don’t, or if you’re looking to add something extra, you should definitely give this grilled corn with lime-cayenne butter a try. Grilled corn on the cob is one of my absolute favorite summertime treats. It’s so easy (you can grilled it right in the husk!) and the grill gives it a subtle smokey-charred flavor that I love. I usually just eat it plain, but for a special treat this lime-cayenne butter is awesome. It had just the right amount of heat to make the corn seem even sweeter.
On a side note, I’m going to try switching up my posting schedule. I’ve been posting new recipes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for a long time, but I’ve been thinking about trying out a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday schedule for a while. I think it will work better with my schedule. As an added bonus, it lets me participate in Sunday Supper – a weekly blogging event focused on sitting down at the table for a meal at least once a week. Each week has a different theme – this week’s is Cinco de Mayo. Be sure the check out the bottom of this post to see what al of the other participants made!
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 generous pinch sea salt
- Heat grill to high. Remove all but 1 or 2 layers of corn husks (you'll be able to feel and possibly even see the kernels – that's ok!) Place the corn on the grill; cover and cook 10 minutes or until husks are charred. Remove from heat and let cool.
- While the corn is cooking, combine the butter, lime juice and zest, cayenne pepper, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- When corn is cool enough to handle, peel back the remaining husks and remove the silk (it should come off very easily). If desired, place corn back in the grill for 1-2 minutes to give it some color. Serve with lime-cayenne butter.
Amount Per Serving Calories 84Total Fat 3.5gFiber 2gProtein 2g