Posted by https://www.healthy-delicious.com/hot-cocoa-chocolate-hazelnut-marshmallows/
© 2012 Healthy. Delicious.. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Hazelnut Marshmallows Hot Cocoa + Chocolate Hazelnut Marshmallows
This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled. The dry mix made in step 1 can be made in a large batch and stored in an airtight container. Use 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of the dry mix per cup of milk.
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/2 cup Cold Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 Light Corn Syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Hazelnut Syrup
- 1 Large Pasteurized Egg White or Dehydrated Egg White mixed with water as instructed on package
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cups Fat Free Milk
- 2 homemade Marshmallows (optional)
- Combine powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Grease bottom and sides of a 13x9 inch baking pan; dust with sugar mixture, reserving the rest for later.
- Grease a large mixing bowl. Pour 1/4 cup cold water into bowl; sprinkle with gelatin. In a saucepan, cook 1/4 cup water, sugar, and corn syrup over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Bring to a boil; continue to cook until the mixture registers 240-degrees on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes. Pour over gelatin mixture.
- Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until it become thick and white and triples in size - this can take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, beat egg white until still peaks form, Stir the beaten egg whites into the gelatin mixture until just combined. Stir in 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
- Pour marshmallow into prepared baking pan; sift powdered sugar mixture over top. Chill until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan; invert onto cutting board and remove pan. Use a large, oiled knife to cut the marshmallows into 2-inch squares. Dust cut edges with sugar/cocoa powder. Store in an airtight container either in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Stir well.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, combine spice mixture and milk. Whisk well to combine. Heat milk, whisking constantly, until it just begins to steam, about 3 minutes. Pour into serving mugs and top with homemade marshmallows.
Loading nutrition data...