Creamy Apple Cider Slush? Apple Cider Smoothie? I honestly don’t know what to call this recipe – and I’ve done way more research on what makes each type of frozen drink unique than any person should. Whatever you call it, these rich, creamy frozen apple drinks are downright delicious.
I give in.
As much as I want summer to last for forever, I just can’t resist the flavors of fall any longer.
This recipe for creamy apple cider slush/apple cider smoothie is perfect for September’s in between-y kind of weather.
I’m sure you know the kind of weather I’m talking about: sunny, in the low 70s and with the slightest hint of fall in the air?
If you’re like me, you’re craving apples and pumpkin even though it’s still a little too warm for traditional cozy treats.
Apple cider slush is the answer. It has tons of sweet apple flavor, a tiny hint of maple, and a smattering of apple pie spices. If Fall had a flavor, this would be it.
These slushes are delicious enough to call dessert, but healthy enough for breakfast. They’re also perfect for cooling down after a long walk.
I’m pretty sure I could happily drink one every day (and I just might!)
If you’re looking for a more adult apple cider-based beverage, you might also like this apple cider sangria!
- 1 cup apple cider
- ½ cup Silk® organic unsweetened soy milk
- 1 apple peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice ground
- 2 cups ice
- Combine the apple cider, soy milk, apple, maple syrup, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, and allspice in your blender pitcher. Cover and blend on low speed until combined – about 10 seconds.
- Add the ice. Cover and gradually increase the blender speed to high. Blend for 30-40seconds, or until smooth.
- Divide between two glasses and serve immediately.