Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the McCormick Gluten-Free Recipe Mixes Launch as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I was compensated for my time creating this recipe.
This roast pork loin with apple salsa looks fancy, but it’s the easiest recipe I’ve made in weeks. 5-10 minutes to prep the salsa, 20 minutes in the oven, and you’re ready to eat!
A simple rub made with McCormick’s new gluten-free chili seasoning and brown sugar gives the pork loin great earthy and smokey notes (and a gorgeous color!) It pairs really well with tart apple and cranberry salsa sweetened with a touch of honey.
Serve it with mashed potatoes and garlicky green beans for a formal dinner – it would be great for the holidays – or enjoy it on a weeknight with soft corn tortillas. Ether way, you’ll have an easy gluten-free meal that everyone will love!
The chili seasoning that I used is meant for making chili (duh) but it’s fun to think outside the box and use it for more modern recipes like this one, too. This particular blend is zesty (but not too spicy) and is made from natural spices like chili pepper and cumin, garlic, onion, and red bell pepper. There are no artificial flavors or colors and no MSG – just regular spices. The new line is certified gluten free and it costs the same as the regular line! I love that there’s no crazy cost mark-up.
If you missed them, make sure you check out the gluten free taco veggie burgers that I shared last week, using McCormick’s gluten free taco seasoning!
- 1 package McCormick Gluten-Free Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 apple diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup fresh cranberries halved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 pork tenderloins 1 pound each
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a small bowl, combine chili seasoning mix and sugar. In a medium bowl, mix the apple, cranberries, onion, honey, lime juice, cilantro and 1 teaspoon of the seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Brush pork tenderloins with oil. Coat evenly with remaining seasoning mixture.
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the pork tenderloins on a foil-lined baking sheet lined. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve with apple salsa.
17 thoughts on “Chili Rubbed Pork Loin with Apple Salsa (Gluten Free)”
That looks amazing! What a great way to think outside the box (packet?).
This seriously looks amazing! Will have to add this one to my to try list!
Simply gorgeous Lauren! I just used their same mix in a fun recipe for the kids, its delicious! Pork loins/tenderloins are one of my favorite meats to cook and eat! I really love this dish!
Zesty pork loin is something I can get behind! Love the Apple salsa here too. Mmm…
Pork and apples are totally BFF. Loving the apple salsa!
I always love new ways to prepare pork and that salsa sounds delicious for fall!
Now that is one gorgeous pork loin!