My slow cooker has been a lifesaver this fall. Life has been insanely busy, and I haven’t had much time or energy to cook. Being able to come home from work to a meal hot and ready is basically the only thing keeping me from eating take out every night at this point.
Lentil and Pumpkin Chili
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 1 can (15.9 ounce) Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.9 ounce) Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.9 ounce) Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 can (15.9 ounce) Pumpkin
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Lentils
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Chipotle Chile Pepper
- Line slow cooker with 1 Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner. Fit the liner snugly against the bottom and sides of the bowl; pull the top of the liner of the sides of the bowl.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 8 hours.
- Carefully remove lid; serve.