I have a terrible habit of never leaving good enough alone. I always want more. I get greedy. One of these days I’ll finally learn that some things – like, say, coding a blog – are best left to professionals. I was tinkering around with the site the other day, and I messed things up pretty badly. Like, I couldn’t access my log in page. And then I attempted to fix it myself and all hell broke loose. After a few late nights, a LOT of coffee, and several long chats with tech support, and a considerable amount of freaking out, everything seems to be back up and running properly. (If you notice something isn’t working right, please let me know!)
I’m going to keep this post short since it’s already so late in the day. I thought about saving it until next week, but I really want to get a new post up just to make sure that everything is working again.
I made this roasted grape and goat cheese flatbread the other night, and we both really liked it. It was a nice deviation from regular pizza with light, spring-y flavors. The roasted grapes are sweet and jammy, and they’re balanced out nicely by the peppery arugula and creamy goat cheese.
This flatbread was great for dinner, but I also think it would make a fabulous appetizer or heavy snack. It’s pretty rich, so it would probably serve 8 if your not using it as a meal. Try it drizzled with a tiny bit of honey!
Roasted Grape + Goat Cheese Flatbread
This easy yet elegant flatbread uses refrigerated pizza dough. Since dough is easiest to work with when it's at room temperature, let it rest on the counter while the oven preheats. I used organic goat cheese from The Goat Guy . I bought it on a whim, and it was delicious – rich, creamy, and goat-y. I recommend it, but any good goat cheese will do.
- 1-2 Tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 2 ounces prosciutto, torn into several pieces
- 1 small cluster (about 14) seedless red grapes, halved
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese (chevre), crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved
- cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to 450*F. Place pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in the oven while the oven preheats.
- Cover a second baking sheet with a thin layer of cornmeal to keep dough from sticking. Place dough on sheet; stretch into a 12-16" round. Top with prosciutto; dot with grape halves and goat cheese. Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon oil.
- Slide the pizza onto the heated stone. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dress arugula with olive oil; toss with shaved Parmesan and black pepper. Top baked pizza with dressed arugula.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 530kcal Calories from fat 200|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 22g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|