Instant Pot chili mac is an easy weeknight recipe that’s ready in under 30 minutes. This vegetarian version is made with go veggie cheese, so it’s lactose-free!
I created this recipe for my client GO VEGGIE. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep me inspired in the kitchen.
I’ve been in a big Tex-Mex mood lately. Sorry, not sorry.
This Instant pot chili mac is comfort food at its best. It’s full of pasta, fire-roasted tomatoes, beans, corn, and two kinds of GO VEGGIE lactose free cheese for extra cheesy goodness. Plus it’s made in an Instant Pot!
This is an easy one-pot meal to make on a busy weeknight. It makes a ton of leftovers to enjoy throughout the week, and it reheats well. It would also be an awesome addition to any Superbowl party (I can’t believe how quickly that’s coming up already!)
How to make instant pot chili mac
To build a great base of flavor, start by sauteing onion, garlic, and jalapeno in some olive oil. Once the vegetables are soft, add the pasta, vegetable stock, beans, and tomatoes. Lock the lid of your pressure cooker (make sure it’s set to sealing!) and turn it on high pressure for 4 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes for the pot to come to pressure, but compared to the time it takes to bring a big pot of water to a boil for pasta, you’re still getting a good deal here.
When the timer goes off, release the pressure manually and add the corn. Now comes the good part: stir in all of that delicious cheese. GO VEGGIE cheese always melts really well, but it’s especially impressive when you stir it into super hot ingredients like these. It melts into the pasta and gets all stretchy and gooey and awesome.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can also make this recipe on the stove top. Follow the same steps below, but bring the mixture to a boil after you add the vegetable broth. Simmer the pasta for 8 minutes, or until cooked al dente.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups GO VEGGIE cheddar shreds
- 1 cup GO VEGGIE mozzarella shreds
- cilantro, avocado, or jalapenos for garnish (optional)
- Using the saute function of your pressure cooker, heat the oil. Add the onion, jalapeno, and garlic; cook 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the chili powder, then pour in the macaroni, beans, tomatoes, and vegetable stock.
- Lock the lid, making sure it's set to "sealing." Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure. Carefully remove the lid and stir in corn and the cheeses.
- If desired, top the chili mac with cilantro, sliced jalapenos (fresh or pickled), or diced avocado.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 250Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 6mgSodium 371mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 8gSugar 4gProtein 11g