This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Seafood Nutrition Partnership. All opinions are 100% mine.
5-ingredient crab and corn pasta with avocado-dill sauce is a simple and delicious meal made for laid back, late-summer nights.
I have a terrible habit of making last-minute travel plans to random places, then scrambling at the last second because I have no idea what I’m actually going to do once I get there. Last summer, it was Stockholm and Portland. This summer, we set off for Providence with no plans other than to drink as much coffee and eat as much seafood as possible in 48 hours. I think we did a pretty good job and I pretty much fell in love with the town.
Saturday night, we ate dinner at the cutest restaurant, The Salted Slate. It’s the kind of place where you can’t decide what you want to eat because everything sounds so amazing. We ended up ordering a ton of food, and everything was perfect.
Shawn ordered pasta with lump crab, avocado, corn, and dill. I knew from the second I saw it that I’d be recreating it at home ASAP. The timing was perfect, since I had just partnered with the Seafood Nutrition Partnership to create a few recipes. This crab pasta is light, and fresh, and tastes like summer. Plus, the ingredients are super simple and the whole dish comes together in minutes. You don’t even need to cook the corn – just place it in the bottom of your colander and drain the pasta over it. The boiling water will warm it through and cook it just enough.
The USDA recommends eating seafood twice each week (did you know Seafood is high in healthy fats known as omega-3s, which are essential for heart health and brain health?) and with recipes this delicious and this easy, there’s really no excuse not to. While you’re at is, take the Healthy Heart Pledge – that means you recognize seafood is a healthy choice for you and your family and you’ll pledge to eat at least two servings of seafood each week and supplement with omega-3s. You can also enter the Seafood Nutrition Partnership 2016 Recipe Sweepstakes for a chance to win one of ten $250 giftcards! (You can submit up to one entry per day. Winners will be announced at SNPSweepstakes.com and on Instagram and Twitter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends on 10/21/16. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., 18 and older. For Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions, visit SNPsweepstakes.com. Void where prohibited.)
- 1 Ear fresh corn
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta (cappellini)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 8 ounces lump crab
- salt and pepper
- Cut the corn away from the cob. Place the kernels in the bottom of a colander over the sink.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 2-3 minutes, or according to the directions on the package. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water, then drain the pasta over the corn. Return to the empty pan.
- Add the avocado, dill, and 1/2 cup of cooking water to a blender. Blend until smooth, thinning with additional water if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the avocado sauce over the pasta. Add the crab and mix well to ensure the pasta is evenly coated with sauce.