Turkey and White Bean Chili
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 chipotle chile from a can of chipotles en adobo,diced
- 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons roasted ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ancho chile powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can 14.5 ounces diced fire roasted tomatoes
- ¾ cups chicken stock
- 1 cans 14 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans 14 ounces small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 packet Green Giant® Veggie Blend-Ins carrot puree
- 2 limes
- 1 avocado sliced (optional)
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the turkey; season with salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Break up the meat and cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add the onion and garlic to the pot; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and spices. Cook 1-2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and chicken stock; bring to a simmer. Add the beans and turkey. Cook uncovered for 60 minutes (if the chili gets too thick, cover for the last 15-20 minutes).
Stir in the juice form 1 lime. Serve with lime wedges and sliced avocado.
Calories: 440kcal | Protein: 41g | Fat: 8.8g | Fiber: 15.2g