Creamy Salmon Pasta
Here's a delicious and easy dish the whole family will love: creamy salmon pasta with lemon and garlic. It only takes 30 minutes to put together— perfect for weeknights when life gets a bit hectic!
- 1 Box (14. 5 ounces) high-protein penne pasta or pasta of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 cup diced or flaked cooked salmon (about 2 large fillets)
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Follow the minimum time suggested for al dente pasta (it will cook a little more in the sauce). Drain the pasta.
While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
Stir in the heavy cream and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and let reduce for 4-5 minutes. The sauce should be thick enough to cling to the back of a wooden spoon.
Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest.
Add the drained pasta, baby spinach, and salmon. Cook until the spinach is wilted, about 3-4 minutes (if your skillet is on the smaller side, you might need to add the spinach in batches).
Stir in the parsley and Parmesan cheese and season with plenty of freshly cracked black pepper. Serve with additional lemon wedges if you'd like!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2793IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg