Easy Cabbage Soup
This flavorful cabbage soup comes together in just about a half hour. It’s a great way to warm up on a chilly day!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can 14.5 ounces plum tomatoes in puree, chopped
- ½ small head cabbage sliced
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 celery ribs sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the onions and cook 3-5 minutes, until softened and transparent. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
Pour in the broth, cabbage, carrots, celery, tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
Simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the parsley. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 590mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g