30-Minute Tortellini Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic coves finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- ½ Vidalia onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 48 oz. carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 head escarole roughly chopped
- 1 12 oz. package Eat Smart® green beans
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 12 oz. package frozen or refrigerated tortellini
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, celery, onion and carrots. Cook 5-10 minutes, or until tender.
Increase heat to high; add broth, tomatoes, escarole, green beans, corn and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 9-10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add tortellini and cook 3-5 minutes, or until cooked. Top with cheese; season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe is adapted slightly from one that originally appeared on the Produce for Kids site.
Calories: 249kcal | Protein: 13g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 358mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g