Asian Calamari Salad
This salad is really more of a concept than a strict recipe - it's meant to be played with! I've included the approximate amounts that I used to make two large salads to get you started, but if you love cucumber, go ahead and add more. Don't like carrot as much? Go a little lighter with them.
- 6 ounces Breaded and Cooked Calamari
- 1 ounce Cellophane Noodles soaked according to the directions on the package and drained
- Ginger Sesame Dressing such as Simply Dressed
- 8 cups Mild Salad Greens such as baby romaine or green leaf lettuce
- 1 Carrot cut into thin shreds with a vegetable peeler
- ½ Cucumber cut into a small dice (about 1/3 cup)
- 4 Tablespoons Chopped Peanuts
Prepare your calamari (either from scratch or according to the directions on the package) and drain well on a double layer of paper towels.
Combine half the dressing with the softened noodles. Let stand 5 minutes.
In a large salad bowl, combine the salad greens, shaved carrot, and cucumber.
Add the noodles and remaining dressing and toss to combine. Divide between serving bowls and to with calamari and peanuts.