Posted by https://www.healthy-delicious.com/winter-vegetable-quinoa-bowls-brown-butter/
© 2017 Healthy. Delicious.. All rights reserved.
Winter Vegetable Quinoa Bowls with Brown Butter
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved (quartered, if large)
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash (or other winter squash, like acorn)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 medium boiled eggs (7 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Heat your oven to 400ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts and squash. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss well so everything is lightly coated with oil. Arrange the vegetables cut sides down on a baking sheet, leaving a little space between them. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove the pan from the oven and mix in the minced shallot.
- Meanwhile, add the broth and quinoa to a small pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- In a second saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. As soon as the butter begins to brown, remove the pot from the burner and pour the butter into a small heat-proof jar or bowl. Mix in the lemon juice.
- Divide the quinoa between four bowls. Top with roast vegetables and boiled eggs. Drizzle with brown butter and sprinkle with walnuts.
To make 7 minute eggs, bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water. Add cold eggs to the boiling water and cook for 7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to the ice water; let them sit for 2 minutes or until cool to the touch. Peel. Slice with a sharp knife, wiping it clean in between cuts.
Loading nutrition data...