I’ve been completely obsessed with the combination of roast eggplant, mushrooms, and asparagus lately. I’ve made it a few times over the past few weeks. On flatbread? Awesome. Tossed in pasta? Perfect for lunch. This time I stuffed them into wraps along with quinoa and a delicious (and dairy free!) creamy rosemary spread. If you’re looking for a vegan option to add to your Fourth of July spread (or any other casual gathering… or just a weeknight dinner…) these roast vegetable wraps have you covered! Those vegetables are gorgeous, aren’t they? Let’s talk about the rosemary spread though. It’s sort of like hummus meets Mexican bean dip… on an Italian adventure. I highly recommend making a double batch, because you’ll definitely find plenty of ways to use it up. It would be great on a turkey burger or even with some grilled chicken. You can also eat it like dip with pita chips or raw vegetables – bell pepper strips are my favorite. It’s also super simple to make. Just throw some cannellini beans, garlic, rosemary, and lemon juice into your food processor or blender and process it until it’s smooth. Then, stir in some GO Veggie! dairy free cream cheese to make it extra-rich. I’ve kept a tub of their cream cheese in my fridge ever since discovering it last winter when I used it in my Cajun Stuffed Spaghetti Squash. I was excited to learn that in addition to being dairy and lactose free, it also has four times more calcium and less fat than regular cream cheese. That’s pretty impressive! Of course it tastes great, too (I wouldn’t use it if it didn’t.)
Roasted Vegetable Wraps with Creamy Rosemary Spread
- 1 small eggplant cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ bunch asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup canned cannellini beans drained
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Cream Cheese
- 4 spinach wraps
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Heat your oven to 425ºF.
- Spread the eggplant, asparagus, onion, mushrooms and pepper on a baking sheet in a single layer; drizzle with coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. Stir in the olives.
- While the vegetables roast, make the spread: Add the beans, garlic, and rosemary to a food processor; process 10-15 seconds, or until smooth. Stir in the cream cheese and lemon juice.
- To assembly the sandwiches, spread the center of each wrap with 2 tablespoons of rosemary spread. Top with 1/4 cup cooked quinoa and 1 cup roasted vegetables. Fold the ends of the wrap over the filling, then roll it up like a burrito.
- Wraps can be served immediately or can be made ahead and served chilled.
I created this recipe for my client, GO Veggie! I first discovered GO Veggie! cream cheese last winter. Since then, I’ve had the opportunity to try some of the other products in their line (I used their “parmesan” in the garlic scape pesto I posted the other day) and I’ve been pretty impressed. I’m thrilled to be creating a few more recipes for them this summer and fall! Thanks for supporting the brands that keep me inspired in the kitchen.