We eat takeout pizza all the time (too often, to be honest) but it’s been practically forever since I’ve made one at home. I don’t know why I don’t make them myself more often – they’re so easy and are ready to eat in just about the same time that it would take delivery to get to the house anyway. Plus it’s so much fun to come up with different topping ideas!
For this pizza, I really wanted to do something with sundried tomatoes and goat cheese. I added red onion, which is one of our favorite pizza toppings, zucchini to add some freshness, and a garlicky, lemony oil to keep the flavors nice and bright. It ended up having a great balance of fresh and earthy flavors that made it perfect for early Spring.
Pizza dough can be difficult to work with, but it’s much easier to handle if you let it come to room temperature before you ty to shape it. I also find that it’s easier to make two small pizzas instead of one big one. Stretching the dough super thin and cooking it at a high temperature results in an amazingly light and chewy crust that’s slightly charred on the edges. So much better than delivery!
- 10 ounces pizza dough
- 10 sundried tomato halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 zucchini, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese (chevre), crumbled
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 500ºF. If you have a pizza stone, put it on the bottom rack of your oven. Bring the pizza dough to room temperature.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the sundried tomatoes. Let sit for 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and plump. Drain and chop the tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Divide the dough into two portions; shape each portion into a round about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with the garlic oil. Scatter half the tomatoes over each dough portion. Top with a single layer of zucchini slices, then with red onion. Scatter the cheeses over the top and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Carefully transfer the pizzas to the preheated pizza stone or to a heavy duty baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the dough are puffed and charred. Serve with additional red pepper flakes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 450Total Fat 30.3gFiber 3.6gProtein 10.2g
This week, with the help of our host, Tammi from Momma’s Meals, the Sunday Supper crew is proving that a meal doesn’t have to contain meat to be delicious, nutritious, and filling!
Salads, Soups, Stews and Starters
- Spicy Vegan Potato Salad by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Veggie Salad Trio with Zucchini Noodles and Pesto by Hip Foodie Mom
- Olive Tapenade by MealDiva
- Chickpea Chile Soup with Greens and Grains by Shockingly Delicious
- Thai Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Potato Chickpea Stew by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- “Beef” Stew with Potato Cake Tops by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Teriyaki Quinoa “Meatballs” by The Foodie Patootie
- Black Bean “Meatballs” with Marinara by Foxes Love Lemons
- Spicy Vegetarian Meatballs by Mess Makes Food
Pastas, Pizzas and Casseroles
- Zucchini and Mushroom Skillet Lasagna by Curious Cuisiniere
- Four Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Shells by Melanie Makes
- Spicy Penne with Tomatoes and Havarti by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesy Tomato Casserole by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Deconstructed Vegan “Lasagna” by What Smells So Good?
- Ramen Stir Fry by Ninja Baking
- Roasted Red Pepper Lasagna by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Broccolini Macaroni and Cheese by Family Foodie
- Sundried Tomato and Zucchini Pizza with Goat Cheese by Healthy. Delicious.
- Creamy Parmesan Mushroom and Leek Pasta by Neighborfood
- Roasted Veggie Manicotti by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pasta Patate by Webicurean
- Spaghetti and Chickpeas and Roasted Tomato Sauce by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Radicchio and Gorgonzola Tortelloni with Butter and Walnuts by Manu’s Menu
- Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole by Momma’s Meals
- Quinoa Black Bean Burger with Ginger Cilantro & Turmeric by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Garbanzo and Brown Rice Burgers by girlichef
- Tofu Burgers by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
Tacos & Everything Wrapped
- Blackened Tofu Tacos with Asian Slaw by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mushroom & Poblano Tacos by La Cocina de Leslie
- Green Chile Enchiladas by Cookin’ Mimi
- Beet and Goat Cheese Tacos with Avocado Cream by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Black Bean and Avocado Flautas by Supper for a Steal
- Black Bean Spinach Quinoa Burritos by Alida’s Kitchen
Other Main and Side Dishes
- Vegan, Gluten Free Breakfast Bars by Pies and Plots
- Mushroom and Lentil Cottage Pie by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mediterranean Tomato Tart by Magnolia Days
- Lentil Stuffed Peppers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Fontina Polenta with Sauteed Porcini Mushrooms by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Leek and Zucchini Tarte Tatin by Food Lust People Love
- Tofu and Peas Curry (Tofu Matar) by Soni’s Food
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.