Posted by https://www.healthy-delicious.com/strawberry-and-asparagus-salad-with-lemon-vinaigrette-gluten-free/
© 2018 Healthy. Delicious.. All rights reserved.
Strawberry and Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch segments
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 5 ounces butter lettuce or romaine hearts
- 10 large strawberries, sliced
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese and/or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds and/or walnut pieces
- Optional: leftover chicken or steak
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 pinch salt
To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, shallot, vinegar, honey, mustard, and oregano in a jar. Screw on the lid and shake vigorously to combine. Season to taste with salt. Divide the dressing among four quart-size mason jars.
Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the asparagus and peas; cook for 1 minute, or until the asparagus turns bright green and the peas float to the top. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Add the asparagus, peas, strawberries, cheese, nuts and meat (if using) to the jars of dressing. Top with lettuce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Loading nutrition data...