Shawn must have been in a soup mood too, because he’s been bugging me to make pea soup for a few weeks already. I guess I took too long, because he took matters into his own hands and made it himself on his day off. (He pretends that he can’t cook, but he’s actually really good at it! He also makes awesome stroganoff.)
Shawn’s Split Pea Soup
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Total Time: 6 hours
- 8 cups unsalted Chicken Stock
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick cut Carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Celery (including green tops)
- 3 Smoked Ham Hocks
- 2 ounces Pancetta, diced
- 1 cup Water
- 12 ounces Green Split Peas
- 12 ounces Yellow Spit Peas
- 2 Tablespoons whole Black Peppercorns
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 6 hours.
- Remove and discard ham hocks before serving.