- 1 3/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 packet (0.35 ounce) yeast
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 7 cups Gold Medal® all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 orange, zested
- Mix the water, yeast, salt, eggs, honey, and melted butter in a large bowl. Use a spoon or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment to mi in the flour. Cover and let sit in a warm place for 2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Add the rum and raisins to a small bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute; let sit 10 minutes.
- Separate the dough into thirds; we'll be working with one third of the dough, so refrigerate the rest for up to a week or freeze it for next time you want fresh bread.
- Brush the dough with flour and roll into a rectangle, 1/2-inch thick.Spread the dough with orange zest and rum-soaked raisins. Fold the dough into thirds, like you're folding a letter. Turn the dough 1/4 turn and fold into thirds again.
- Divide the dough into 18 pieces; shape each piece into a roll by gently rolling it into a ball and pressing together any raw edges. Arrange on baking sheets 2 inches apart. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35-40 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and sound hollow when you tap them.
Amount Per Serving Calories 5093Total Fat 118gSaturated Fat 65gCholesterol 884mgSodium 4601mgFiber 31gSugar 176gProtein 120g