This one-pan meal is one of my favorite things to make when I don’t feel like cooking but still want to sit down to a healthy dinner. The simple mustard and herb sauce infuses boneless chicken breasts with a ton of flavor and keeps them from drying out in the oven, while an assortment of vegetables keeps the meal interesting and nutritious.
But the best part? It only takes a few minutes to prep (10 minutes tops)! Which means I can sit down, put my feet up, and let dinner cook itself.
Tip: This meal is also a great way to clean out the produce bins in your fridge. The recipe below contains my favorite combination, but you can use green beans instead of asparagus, omit the mushrooms, increase the carrots, etc depending on what you happen to have on hand. If you happen to have baby carrots, you can throw them in — no need to cut them first — and shave off even more prep time!
Easy Herb-Roasted Chicken & Vegetables
- 4 Red Potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 Carrots peeled and cut into matchsticks
- ¼ pound Crimini Mushrooms cut into quarters
- 1 tsp. Butter cut into several pieces
- 2 Tbs grainy Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 pound boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ pound Asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a medium roasting pan with olive oil or cooking spray. Add the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms to the pan, sprinkle the pieces of butter over the vegetables.
- Combine the next 5 ingredients (through maple syrup) along with a pinch of salt in a shallow dish. Mix 1 Tablespoon of the sauce into your vegetables. Place the chicken breasts in the remaining sauce, spreading it around so that they are well coated. Place the chicken breasts in your roasting pan, on top of the vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Add the asparagus and bake for another 20 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Approx. 330 calories, 7 grams fat, 44 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams fiber, 24 grams protein