[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”4705936″]
The first time I heard of banoffee pie, I think my jaw hit the floor. I wasn’t even entirely sure what it was, but I knew I wanted some. Once I got over my initial wave of disappointment that there wasn’t any coffee involved in the dessert, I discovered that it really is one of the loveliest desserts ever If you’ve never had it, it involves layers of fresh bananas, whipped cream, and dulce de leche. It tastes like magic.
I set out to capture those flavors in a yogurt parfait that can be eaten for breakfast (but it still delicious enough to be dessert.)
Earlier this month, I wrote shared my recipe for chocolate cinnamon muffins, which paired perfectly with Liberté,’s new cappuccino yogurt. This parfait uses their other new flavor – caramel. Yup, you read that right – caramel. And it’s every bit as luxurious as it sounds. (The new flavors are arriving in stores throughout the summer. Use their product locator to find them in a store near you!)
For this recipe, the caramel yogurt stands in for the dulce de leche. It’s layered with bananas, whipped cream, and crispy clusters of puffed millet and graham crackers. It’s the kind of dish that takes just a few minutes to put together, but looks like totally impressive.
Banoffee Yogurt Parfait
- 1 cup puffed millet (or puffed rice)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 2 whole crackers, crushed)
- 2 containers Liberte® caramel yogurt
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 small square chocolate (optional)
- Heat a dry saucepan over medium heat. Add the millet and cook 2-3 minutes, or until toasted and fragrant. Transfer to a dish. Return the pan to the stove. Add the brown sugar, brown rice syrup, and butter. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until thick and bubbling. Remove from heat and stir in the toasted millet and graham cracker crumbs; mix well. Press into a shallow dish and let cool several minutes. Crumble into bite sized clusters.
- Add 1 tablespoon of millet clusters into the bottom of 4 serving glasses. Top with 2 tablespoons yogurt and several banana slices. Top with 1 tablespoon whipped cream. Repeat these layers, finishing with whipped cream. If desired, garnish with finely grated chocolate.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 194kcal Calories from fat 57|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This recipe was created for my client, Liberté. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep me inspired in the kitchen!