Udon Noodles in Tea Broth with Smoked Turkey
Prep time: 10 min; Total time: 30 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups reduced sodium Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Smoked Turkey Leg, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 2 bunches (approx. 6 oz) Udon Noodles
- 3 slices Ginger
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 package (8 oz) Shitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag Earl Grey Tea
- 1 dash low sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 bunch Bok Choy, chopped
- 3 Scallions, sliced
Add the stock, water, turkey, carrots, noodles, ginger, and garlic to a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and tea bag. Simmer for 3 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bag and ginger. Stir in the soy sauce, bok choy and scallions and simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until noodles are cooked and vegetables are heated through.
To serve, use tongs to arrange the noodles and vegetables in individual bowls. Ladle the broth over top.