When all else fails, spike your coffee with rum and call it a night.
So, I feel a little bit like I’m phoning it in with this “recipe” but I hope you’ll forgive me. I’ve had a week of coffee-related recipe flops: from soupy custard to spongy cookies to an egg cream that looked like mud (and didn’t taste much better).
After all of that I decided that 1) I was tired of wasting good coffee and 2) I could really use a drink of something a little stiffer.
It turns out that spiced rum + coconut coffee + coconut milk was a very, very good idea. These drinks are creamy and coconutty and remind me of the beach. I’m a little obsessed.
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- ¾ cups strongly brewed Green Mountain Island Coconut coffee, chilled
- 1½ ounces spiced rum
- 1 cup coconut milk (from a carton)
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- Fill two 12-ounce glasses with ice.
- Toast the coconut in a small pan over high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Immediately remove from heat.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the coffee and rum; shake well. Strain into the pint glasses. Pour in the coconut milk; stir. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
In celebration of spring (which finally starts today) and the end to this terrible winter, Green Mountain Coffee has a new limited-edition coffee – Island Coconut. I got a sample last week and it’s awesome. I’ve been drinking it every morning (and some evenings) and I’m holding my breath that I have enough to last me until Sunday, when it will be available in stores. It has a great balance of bitter coffee notes and intense coconut flavor. Coconut iced coffee is my go-to coffeeshop order in the summer, and I’m definitely plan to stock up on this so I can make it at home. (It will be available as both ground coffee and in k-cups.)
Want a chance to win some coffee to try, or maybe this amazingly beautiful keurig? Enter using the form below. (Seriously, how gorgeous is the keurig in white? It makes me want to go out and buy one for myself!)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This giveaway was sponsored by Green Mountain Keurig. I received samples of the new Island Coconut coffee but was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own. Please drink responsibly.