I swear, these short, post-holiday weeks are even more draining than regular ones. I tried to cram a full week’s worth of work into three days, plus since last weekend was spent rushing around doing holiday things I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve actually had a chance to relax. I can’t wait to kick back and get this weekend started! (I have big plans to see Hyde Park on Hudson and I’m super excited about it. I’ve been waiting years for someone to finally make a decent movie about FDR.)
Days like today are ones where I’d typically say screw it and go out for dinner, but after indulging over the holidays I really just want to get back into a normal food routine. I’m also participating in Eat in Month and am trying to avoid any impulsive meals out.
Pizza is the perfect solution – it’s quick and easy to make, will satisfy both the junk food and real food cravings that I’m having, and doesn’t require a ton of clean up.
I made this smoked mozzarella and asparagus pizza a few weeks ago and it would be perfect for tonight too. The toppings make it a little more elegant than typical comfort food and since smoked mozzarella has so much flavor and melts so beautifully you can use less cheese than normal – perfect for those of us hoping to lose a few post-holiday pounds.
Mini Smoked Mozzarella and Asparagus Pizzas
For tender asparagus, look for stalks that are tin and straight – about the width of a pencil. Freeze the brick of cheese for 15 minutes to firm it up and make it easier to shred.
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® Refrigerated Classic Pizza Crust
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 lb Asparagus, cut into 1-inch segments
- 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
- 4 ounces Smoked Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Peppers, chopped
- Heat oven to 400F. Grease baking sheet. Unroll dough; divide into four pieces. Shape each
- dough piece into a circle; place on greased sheet. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake 10
- minutes or until crusts begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add asparagus and boil 2 minutes, or until
- bright green. Drain.
- Spread marinara over each pizza crust. Top with mozzarella, asparagus, and roasted red
- peppers. Bake 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 266 Calories from fat 104|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12||18%|
|Saturated Fat 4||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 2||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|
This post was brought to you in partnership with Pillsbury. I was compensated for my time creating this recipe. All opinions are my own.