Yields: 24 servings (1.5 cups)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup freshly squeezed Pink/ Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice (from about 4 grapefruits)
- 5 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Add the juice and thyme to a small saucepan set over medium heat. Simmer until reduced by half. Discard thyme sprigs.
- Add the honey and sugar to the juice and cook over low heat until it dissolves. Meanwhile, beat the eggs and egg yolks together in a medium bowl. Slowly pour half the juice into the eggs while whisking vigorously, then whisk the egg mixture into the pot.
- Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted. Cool to room temperature, then cover and store in the refrigerator.
Approx. 50 calories, 3 grams fat, 5.8 grams carbohydrates, 0 grams fiber, 0.3 grams protein per Tablespoon