Made with Barefoot Refresh® Perfectly Pink Spritzer and a splash of elderflower liqueur, frozen peach and mixed berry sangria is perfect for your end-of-summer get-togethers. (This is a sponsored post created in partnership with Barefoot Refresh.)
Labor Day is right around the corner, but I refuse to say good-bye to summer just yet. The weather has been gorgeous, and even though this weekend marks the unofficial end of summer I bet we still have a few great weekends ahead of us.
As long as the sun is shining, I’ll be outside soaking it in with a glass of this frozen peach and mixed berry sangria in my hand.
Barefoot sent me a few bottles of their Refresh line of spritzers to try out. The spritzers are light-bodied, sweet, and slightly bubbly. They’re meant to be served over ice, and are great for casual summertime occasions, like cookouts or afternoons by the pool.
I paired the Perfectly Pink Spritzer with peaches (they’ve been amazing these past few weeks!), mixed berries, and lime juice to make a super simple frozen sangria that goes with everything from tapas to pizza and burgers.
Since the fruit is blended right into this sangria, it can be whipped up in just a few minutes – unlike more traditional sangrias that need to sit for hours to allow the flavor of sliced fruit to infuse into the liquid. That means it’s perfect for spur-of-the-moment entertaining.
If you want something a little different, this sangria also freezes up into deliciously refreshing ice pops! Instead of blending it with ice, pour the fruit + spritzer mixture into ice pop molds and freeze until firm.
Whatever way you choose to serve it – as a frozen drink or frozen into pops – this fruity sangria is sure to be a hit on those last few gorgeous days of summer.
Frozen Peach and Mixed Berry Sangria
- 1 1/2 cups Barefoot Refresh Perfectly Pink Spritzer
- 1/3 cup elderflower liqueur (optional)
- 1 peach, pit removed
- 1 lime, peeled
- 1/2 cup mixed blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
- 2-3 cups ice
- Additional peach, lime, and berries for garnishing
- In a blender, combine the spritzer, elderflower liqueur (if using), and fruit. Clover and blend on high until smooth, 20-30 seconds.
- Add the ice. Cover and blend on high 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ice down into the blades.
- For the garnish, cut the peach and lime into thin slices. Thread a peach slice, a lime slice, and several berries onto a toothpick.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Barefoot Refresh®. Content for 21+. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep me inspired in the kitchen.