Spring is finally here! It was so gorgeous this weekend that I wanted to spend every second possible outside. From the looks of my blog analytics, we’re all on the same page… there weren’t very many people looking at recipes this week and I definitely don’t blame them. I have the perfect recipe for you though – it takes practically no time or effort at all. If you have a burner on your grill, you can even make the whole thing outside (and it will be done in even less time, since those grill burners are so hot that they bring water to a boil in the bat of an eye!)
The ingredients in this pasta are really simple, but they work together to give it a ton of fresh, bold flavor. To make it, you’ll need thinly sliced chicken breast, linguine, red and yellow bell peppers (I bought pre sliced peppers, which were half the price of whole ones), fresh oregano, and feta. Marzetti Simply Dressed Champaign Vinaigrette pulls everything together – you’ll use it as a marinade for the chicken and to dress the final dish. (You could also use Simply Dressed & Light Cesear Dressing).
This pasta is delicious warm, but it’s also fabulous served as a chilled pasta salad. I can’t wait to eat the leftovers!
30 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup Marzetti Simply Dressed Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1 box high-fiber linguini
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 10 kalamata olives, quartered
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 4 springs fresh oregano
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Pour 1/2 cup champagne vinaigrette into a shallow dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes. Grill over high heat until done, 4-5 minutes on each side (discard extra marinade). Cut into strips.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta according to the directions on the package. Place peppers in the bottom of a colander; drain the cooked pasta over the peppers. Let sit 2 minutes, then return to the pot. Stir in chicken olives, feta, and oregano. Stir in 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Season with crushed red pepper flakes.
- Serve with more feta and oregano, as desired.
This is the last recipe in the series that I’ve been doing with Marzetti Simply Dressed this spring and, once again, I have a terrific giveaway (worth $175) to give one of you! It includes:
- 5 coupons for free Marzetti Simply Dressed dressings
- a $75 Visa Giftcard
- Williams Sonoma salad spinner
- Crate & Barrel over-the-sink board with colander
- Trio vegetable peeler
- Nine assorted Marzetti vegetable pods, for storing leftover vegetable halves (I use these all the time and love them!)
Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below (it might take a second to load.) For an alternate entry, send an email with the subject “Marztti Simply Dressed Giveaway” to email@example.com.
This post was brought to you in partnership with Marzetti Simply Dressed; I was compensated for creating the recipe for chicken and pepper pasta. All opinions are my own.