Remember the other day when I said I was finished making pizza for a while? I lied. Sorry about that, but I had too much fun making the pesto pizza crust that I just had to give another “fancy” crust a try. And boy am I glad that I did, because this ended up being one of our favorite pizzas! It’s incredibly simple too – all you need is a refrigerated pizza crust and a packet of ranch seasoning mix.
You know how a lot of people can’t eat pizza without load of ranch dressing to dip the crusts in? I took a cue from them and baked the ranch flavoring right into the crust. The result is a highly seasoned pizza with crusts that taste like awesome, ranch-flavored breadsticks. No messy dressing required.
To make this crust, all you have to do is shape your pizza dough and then brush a thin dusting of ranch seasoning from edge to edge. Then, top it like you normally would. The flavors in ranch are pretty versatile (it’s mostly garlic, onion, and parsley) so just go ahead and use whatever your favorite topping is.
You’ll only need about half a packet; save the rest to make another pizza or mix it with some Greek yogurt to make dressing for side salads.
The ranch crust is the real star of this recipe, so feel free to experiment with whatever toppings you'd like. I love onion on pizza so I used some of that, along with bacon that was leftover from breakfast. I also really like cheddar on pizza so that's what I went with here, although mozzarella would be equally as good.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 tube (11 ounces) Pillsbury Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch Dip Mix (from a 1 ounce packet)
- 3/4 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Sharp White Cheddar
- 1/2 small Red Onion, very thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Heat oven to 400*F.
- Unroll the pizza crust onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle from edge to edge with ranch seasoning, using a pastry brush or clean fingers to spread it into a very thin layer. Spoon on a thin layer of sauce, leaving a 1-inch border all around the edges. Top with cheese; scatter with onion and bacon.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, or until cheese begins to bubble and brown and crust is cooked through.
This recipe was brought to you in partnership with Pillsbury. The recipe for cheddar, bacon, and onion pizza on ranch crust and all opinions are my own. Always have been, always will be.