I love all of the monthly subscription boxes that have been popping up for the last year or so. I’ve been getting them for beauty products and for clothes for a while, but until recently I hadn’t found a food one that seemed like it would be a good fit. This month, I had the opportunity to try out Taste Trunk, and I really loved it! (Keep on reading to the end, because I’m also giving one away. AND I have a coupon code for 25% off!!)
With Taste Trunk, you can pick from four themed boxes each month: Gourmet, Health, Sweet, or BBQ. It’s a tough decision! I was torn between the Gourmet and Health boxes so I asked for some more information about the types of products that would be included in each. I learned that the items in the Health box are chosen by a team nutritionist and are all different – some items might be low fat or low sugar while others are all natural, gluten free, vegan, etc. The items in the Gourmet box are chosen based on taste, packaging, and company story and also tend to be mostly ingredients as opposed to snacks.
Since I was in the mood to do some cooking, I decided to try out the Gourmet box first. I definitely want to try the Health box next. You can switch it up every month if you want, which is pretty fun.
So, what did I get?!
My first impression was pretty good. The box itself was big and heavy! There were a lot of nice touches like a wax seal and pretty ribbon. They definitely put a lot of thought into the packaging.
- Vineyard Pasta from The Pasta Shoppe (retail $5.50). The Pasta Shoppe is a business out of Nashville that makes small batches of pasta in over 250 different shapes. The vineyard pasta is multi-colored and shaped like leaves and grape clusters. Very fun! I’ve actually had some of their pastas before and they’re really good.
- Il Boschetto Bruschetta Oil, a Tuscan olive oil infused with pepper and herbs (retail $12.50). It’s delicious drizzled over fresh summer tomatoes!
- Sabrosa Creole Pepper Salt (retail $7.95). Grey sea salt (my favorite!) combined with peppery spices, garlic, and thyme. This stuff really perks up simple grilled summer squash.I think I’ll be using this a lot!
- Sweet Wino-nion Jam from The Jam Stand (retail $10). The Jam Stand is a Brooklyn-based shop with all sorts of fun jams made from ingredients sourced from local farms. This one in particular is made from a blend of red wine and onions. I can’t wait to try it on top of a burger.
- Artichoke Bruschetta (retail $2.99). This is one of the cheapest items I received, but it’s also one of the ones I’m most excited about. You gotta love artichokes!
- Cucuina Antica Vodka Sauce (retail $5.99). This is an all natural sauce and also appears to be lower in fat and calories than a lot of other vodka sauces I’ve tried. I’m keeping this and the pasta for one of those nights where I don’t feel like cooking.
At $29, the price for the box is a little steep, so I was really happy that the products were full size – not samples. When you add up the retail value, it’s definitely worth it! These are the sorts of products that I frequently pick up for fun, and I’ll definitely use them all. It would also make a great gift!
Want to check it out for yourself? Use the rafflecopter widget below to enter for a chance to win a box of your choice. You can also use the coupon code healthydelicious25 for 25% off your first Taste Trunk order (that’s a great deal!!)
Disclaimer: I received a Taste Trunk for free. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.