I feel like it’s been forever since I added a recipe to my “Cooking for One” series. To be honest, I got a little distracted with other things and kind of forgot about it. (Oops!)
This wrap makes up for the missed month though. It’s full of fresh, crisp vegetables, delicious marinated and grilled chicken, and enough peanuts to give it the perfect amount of crunch. It’s also super fast to make – if you prepare your fillings while the chicken is cooking, it takes less than 10 minutes.
As soon as I started doing research on the Marzetti Simply Dressed product line, I knew that I wanted to create a recipe with the ginger-sesame dressing. As I read the ingredient list and saw that it included ginger puree, my mouth immediately started watering. (Yes, I’ve clearly been a little obsessed with ginger lately.)
When I opened the bottle and took a sniff, I knew that I had made the right choice – this stuff sounds, looks, smells, and tastes amazing! It was so good that I actually went back and tweaked my recipe to include more of the dressing than I had originally planned for. Even after that, I was tempted to dunk my wrap in even more dressing. (I didn’t though. The dressing is good, but I didn’t want to put on so much that it would overpower the fresh and delicate flavor of the vegetables.) This one is definitely a keeper!
Ginger-Sesame Chicken Wrap for One
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Total Time: 15 minutes
Inspired by the fresh flavor of Vietnamese Banh Mi, this Ginger-Sesame Chicken Wrap is full of crisp vegetables. Serve it with a side salad and either baked sweet potato puffs or Thai barbecue potato chips. These wraps are delicious warm and cold, so go ahead and make an extra for tomorrow’s lunch!
- 4 Tablespoons Marzetti Simply Dressed Ginger-Sesame dressing
- 2 (approx 1/8 pound) Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 large Spinach Wrap, or other flavor of your choice
- 1/4 cup Baby Lettuce/ Spring Mix
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Roast Peanuts, chopped
- Add the chicken and 3 Tablespoons of the dressing to a small bowl. Let the chicken marinate for at least 5 minutes, or refrigerate and let marinate overnight. Heat the olive oil in a pan set over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the chicken tenders and cook, flipping once or twice, about 7 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and cut into a 1-inch dice.
- While the chicken is cooking, use a vegetable peeler to cut the carrot into thin ribbons. Remove the seeds from the cucumber and cut the flesh into matchstick-sized pieces.
- Arrange the wrap on your plate. Toss the lettuce and remaining 1 Tablespoon of dressing and arrange in the center portion of the wrap. Top with the diced chicken and remaining ingredients. Fold one end of the wrap up to cover the filling, the roll it up. Cut in half and enjoy!
I was one of the bloggers selected by T. Marzetti Company to review Simply Dressed Refrigerated Salad Dressings. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program as well as my writing about my experience. I have also been provided products for review. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.